LDF Atlantic Canada Delegation 2017
The LDF Delegation is a year-round initiative that aims to motivate, promote and provide opportunities to Atlantic Canadian documentarians.
Lunenburg Doc Fest (LDF) is organizing an Atlantic Delegation comprising feature documentary producers to attend the Hot Docs International Documentary Festival. Up to 12 producers will be given the opportunity to fully participate in the Festival and delegation-specific networking events.
Atlantic documentarians accepted to the 2017 Lunenburg Doc Fest Delegation will receive the following benefits:
- free submission fees to LDF
- discounted passes to the LDF Film Market and Festival
- discount on Hot Docs’ registration fees
- discounted rates — $200 off Networking & Conference pass* to Hot Docs
- participation in the LDF Atlantic Canadian Delegation to attend Hot Docs
- access to Hot Docs' Distribution Rendezvous (completed registration required to apply)
- a single pre-festival project review with Hot Docs
- featured index in the digital Doc Shop market -- inclusion of one film free and additional at 50% off, plus feature in prominent playlist on the website's homepage
- access to Hot Docs Co-Production Events
- private International Co-Production Luncheon for International Delegations at Hot Docs
- discounted accommodations at Hot Docs and LDF at festival hotels
- attending Delegations at Hot Docs will be promoted through an e-bulletin to over 20,000 people and on hotdocs.ca in the Official Delegations section
- exclusive invitations to destination events
- advocacy and exposure for the filmmaker and their projects throughout Atlantic Canada and beyond
- other perks TBA
Each selected 2017 LDF delegate's responsibilities include:
- complete Hot Docs registration as required
- pay own travel, food, accommodations, registration fees and miscellaneous for Hot Docs*
- communicate contact, flight, accommodation, meeting info — essentially, your detailed itinerary — to the LDF Delegate lead at LunenburgDocFest@gmail.com
- schedule 1 to 1 meetings
- attend the Co-Production Events & Luncheon, cocktail events and LDF event(s) at Hot Docs
- allow Hot Docs and LDF to promote you as part of the Delegation
- make best attempts to participate in LDF’s industry events and festival
- complete any surveys we have for you
Delegation members should arrive at Hot Docs by Sunday, April 30th and arrange to depart either the evening of Thursday May 4th or the morning of Friday May 5th in order to participate in all the key opportunities available to delegations.
*Only available while supplies last. Full access to Hot Docs Festival screenings, conference, social events, etc. The only events the N&C pass does not offer access to are those taking place in Hart House (Hot Docs Forum, Hot Docs Deal Maker, Close Ups). Delegates who wish to apply for Deal Maker will need to purchase an All Access pass.
As several important deadline dates approach, please express your interest no later than Feb 27th by completing the following or emailing LunenburgDocFest@gmail.com: